Research & Development
THE MEMBRANE UNIT FOR CSF-MICROFILTRATION
JSC "Plasmofilter" has developed a system for cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) filtration, one-needle, single use, consisting of a flat sheet membrane filter and transfusion line, operated with a syringe without expensive equipment. A technique of CSF-filtration with minimal risk to the patient has been developed in cooperation with Russian Institute of Neurosurgery n.a. AL Polenov.
The method of CSF filtration allows:
• reduce the need for neurosurgical operative interventions;
• method of membrane CSF filtration is more effective than other methods of liquor remediation, being a less labor-intensive and less dangerous;
•The procedure does not require special equipment, special training and separate facilities;
• method reduces the risk of complications, including those due to the ABO incompatibility;
• no risk of contracting infectious diseases transmitted through the blood.
The proposed device can greatly simplify the active sanation of the cerebrospinal fluid, and can ensure widespread adoption of these methods to the national health care.
• subarachnoidal hemorrhages of any etiology (traumatic, aneurysmal, resulting in acute disorders of cerebral circulation after surgical interventions on the brain, etc.);
• purulent inflammatory diseases of the brain and meninges (meningitis, meningoencephalitis, ventriculitis, and others);
THE MEMBRANE PLASMA SORPTION UNIT (PLASMASORBER) FOR PROCEDURES OF MEDICAL EXTRACORPOREAL DETOXIFICATION
The main advantage of the plasmasorber is the possibility of a combined, continuous filtration-sorption process.
With the return of the body the patient's own treated plasma (in the same procedure) achieved rapid and deep detoxification of the body.
| ZAO "PLASMOFILTER"
Leninskiy pr., bld.140, Saint Petersburg, 198216, Russia, tel. +7 (812) 376-9079, +7 (812) 376-9070; +7 (921) 9168147 mob.; fax: +7 (812) 376-9079
|©ZAO "PLASMOFILTER", 2012
Design and maintenance: Eugene Vovenko